Saturday, September 12, 2009

Quick Recap - NCAAF Week 2

Solid day.. overall these picks went 6-4. (60%)

Toledo 54 Colorado 38

Colorado did run more with Scott (12-85), and he was effective (that's 7.1 ypc), but they still didn't run nearly enough. Cody Hawkins passed 64 times and that's a recipe for disaster. More importantly, I underestimated just how terrible this defense is. 54 points? Holy Toledo!


Penn St. 28 Syracuse 7

Penn St. got some turnover luck and still couldn't cover against Syracuse..I was right about this one. Syracuse could be a nice dog play for a while.



Wake Forest 24 Stanford 17

Wake got off to another slow start, not what I was expecting. But they made an improbable comeback, and covered in the last 2 seconds. A win is a win!



BYU 54 Tulane 3


Yikes. I totally whiffed on this one... BYU looked like a top 10 team, way to answer my criticism. Back to the drawing board for Tulane.


Navy 32 La Tech 14

Navy did get 290 rushing yards, though on 60 carries. They weren't that impressive, but they stuck to their formula which works great against La Tech.


Georgia 41 South Carolina 37

A crazy game, Georgia's turnovers led to SC having 30 more possessions. I was wrong to be high on Georgia, and now their loss to Okie St. looks more questionable.


Ohio 31 North Texas 30 (OT)

So many turnovers in this one, just a sloppy game. North Texas got the cover, but it's a shame they couldn't win.

Boise St. 48 Miami (OH) 0

As expected, Boise fixed their fumble problems, and never gave the Redhawks a chance.


USC 18 Ohio St. 15

I was disgusted by the lack of production from the Trojan offense, considering they're my national champion picks. A lot of credit goes to the Buckeye D though, and I stand by my national-champion pick of USC.


Utah 24 San Jose St. 14

Pretty much what I expected. SJSU just isn't as bad as they looked last week against USC. Give credit to Utah, if they were sleeping they could have been upset.

No comments: